View Single Post
Old 30th July 2019, 19:03   #397
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Got the front door fixed..................

.................................... at last.

We get a couple of free magazines delivered every month along with a free newspaper. Flicked through one of the magazines and found an advert for sorting out double glazed front doors. Local chap as well, gave him a bell. He came round yesterday and had a look. It would appear that the door is over 20 years old. Over the years the porch, along with the house, has moved a bit so the door has become wonky with the frame.

Anyway he moved the hinges and thus moved the locks and lo and behold I now have a door that locks and unlocks with ease. At some point I need to replace the door. There is a little gap that will let a drought in, but I do have an inner door so we will see.

Next job I have got done on my own was to sort out the curtains by the twin patio doors. They now close properly.
Had another change round in the lounge making a bit more room. Moved the antique cabinet into the dining room. Took the Lamborghini models up stairs and into the small bedroom. Most of the model car collection is in there already.
Just the Rolls-Royce and MG collection remain downstairs.

The strange triffid type plant growing in the greenhouse turns out to be a courgette plant, Allen checked it out for me.
Bonus is my friend Debbie has bought a bungalow around the corner to me and she is having a lot of work done on the place before she moves in. So all the rubble and smashed tiles I’m taking them off of her to fill the holes in the garden.
Once filled I then can put some sand in and add top soil and put in a few more plants.

Allen has drained the second pond by punching some holes into the bottom. My plan is to fill the plastic pond is to put gravel in the more top soil so that I can plant my favourite clematis. Hope to get the purple one similar to the one I had up in Barkingside.

The new owner of a Redfive is coming down by coach next Saturday to collect the car. Being in business he has had to juggle the days around to come and collect, plus his other half is coming down with him as well. I’m collecting them from the coach stop and taking them back to the house. They are staying with me for a few days. Taking Redfive to The Mount Edgecumbe meet on Sunday along with Banana. Be the last time they will be on show together for awhile.

Hoping to go out to dinner Saturday evening with them both plus Allen n Val. Not going far as Val is still recovering from her hip operation.

So all in all it’s all coming together nicely.

Many thanks for the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote