Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
Don't do it please !!

You will regret it.

650 quid for that car is something that will make you cry in years to come and nobody pays the asking price so you won't even get that for her !!

Is there no way you can store it and make it a project ??
Thanks for the message, I really appreciate it.

The problem I have is... I like things to be working, otherwise the stress just gets to me, and that's not good. She needs the rear sill welding for the next MOT, also the cam tensioner replaced, and the dent in the N/S sill pulled out.

If I keep her I will have to get these jobs sorted for my own piece of mind, but no one wants to work on these cars unless you pay them big bucks.

The selling price is certainly cheap money, and I will most probably regret selling her. She also has a hardtop and another soft top which is in like new condition, I was going to sell these separately.

I took her out this afternoon to Kingston Lacy for one last drive, she is certainly an amazing experience, mechanically she is sound except the noisy tensioner. I put her old original wheels back on this morning, it certain felt sad to think I'm having to let her go.

I got home early and was going to delete the advert again, I dont need the money, but I certainly dont need the headache of it all. Its been driving me insane these past few weeks trying to get someone to give me a hand to get the belt done, and then there's the welding, sadly the only option I have is to sell.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote