View Single Post
Old 11th August 2015, 13:27   #28
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

I did mine today and took some pics

I used wet & dry 600, 1200, 2000 & 2500

I used Meguiar's One Step Headlight Restoration Kit

I tried using the Meguiar's One Step Headlight Restoration Kit straight out of the box but I think my lights were to far gone and did not get great results. I then went and bought sheets of wet & dry as above.

I started with the coarsest grade wet & dry and worked my way through the grades finishing with the finest. I used lots of water and kept the bucket of water clean and the lights pretty wet. I guess I rubbed for 5 min max on each light with each grade of wet & dry.

The Meguiar's kit did a great job of the final polishing. I used a varying speed drill so I could control the rpm of the mop. (did not want to go fast and build up heat)

I applied some car wax when finished. ( not sure if that is a good idea or not)

I dropped the front bumper for easy access. I think it is nearly as quick as taping around the 4 lights.

I am very pleased

Nearside before and after

Nearside before and after with lights on

How lights look after wet and dry sanding but before polishing. All the discoloration is rubbed away but the lights have the light scratch marks of the fine wet & dry.

I used the mop supplied in the Meguiar's One Step Headlight Restoration Kit attached to an old drill

The polish comes with the Meguiar's

A closeup before and after

http://www.paulstickley.com/

Last edited by Rocket; 11th August 2015 at 15:13..
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote