View Single Post
Old 13th February 2010, 14:51   #22
paulf
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur 1999, 2004 cdti connosieurur

Ive been following this thread also as my FBH didn't work and I wanted to repair the Pcb myself as i have plenty of electronic repair experience and refused to be beaten by the lack of back up provided by Webasto .However I managed to buy a cheap unit before I had got far with researching my faulty unit so never made much progress, it s great that French mike has managed to get to the bottom of the problem and come up with a solution, my faulty unit has an earlier Pcb that is not quite the same but im now going to have another go at it and am also happy to try the repair on other peoples pcbs.As I have a spare heater I can arrange a test rig if I get a spare fuel pump from somewhere.
Has anyone got any faulty boards that I can experiment with?.
I am sure others will be able to offer a service with the info kindly provided by Mike and would not want to take work from him but am happy to provide a service if its ok with Mike.
Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
My congratulations Mike on solving a long term mystery!

Now to the practicalities for us who have no idea what elec components are or do..

I realize that quite apart from the actual FBH there are other items = fuel pump, a fan blower of some sort, elec feed to some sort of glow plug, exhaust system, etc etc that may now fail to work due to lack of use over the years..

I don't mind paying, and am willing to travel to get my FBH working, but it may need more than just repairing the circuit board.. So is anyone planning on making a comprehensive repair service available in the UK for those of us who need it please?? ..
paulf is offline   Reply With Quote