View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2019, 13:21   #43
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Just checked and that wire is indeed properly connected, also, flushed the oil with comma flush, poured 2.5l in the engine and let it run at 1400 rpm for 15 minutes. The oil that initially was inside the engine didn't contain any crud in it, it was clean, only thing to notice is that it came out a little black which I think is normal, and it was also containing gasoline in it, it was smelling hard of gasoline. The flushing oil also came out just a little blacker and that's it, no crud and no sludge in it, as I was expecting since I've ALWAYS changed the oil after about 10k miles max.

After all this, misfire is still there, and the exhaust still blows white smoke. And also the tapping noise didn't get cured, it is still there, not even a little quieter. I think it would be logical at this moment to say that the cyl 5 lifter is badly worn and that disturbs the normal valve functioning.

Just as a recap: new spark plugs, injectors cleaned (all spraying perfect now), coil pack switched from cyl 3 to 5, leads switched also for a test, and that NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- misfire is still on cylinder 5, just a little better after the new spark plugs and that's it...
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote