Thread: Number Plate
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 15:55   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

There are a number of personal number plate sellers who offer free valuations , and you can apply to them by EMail, but they do take quite a length of time to reply. Elite Registrations are one of the bigger players in this field. Your particular number would have been bought from the DVLA direct for £250, I believe, but is highly personal having a "K" and a "V" in it - not popular letters, and unless I have missed something, does not spell anything, even with imagination. That said, I have always found that any purchased from the DVLA do at least retain their value. Of course, it does cost £80 to retain or transfer a number - one charge which has NEVER been increased since I first started buying them in the 1980s. Lost track of how many I have enjoyed but currently I have 14, of which 6 are on retention. I always feel better with a private plate, and I am told they are less likely to be cloned as they are memorable!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote