View Single Post
Old 27th September 2018, 17:55   #5
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
I'm presuming the MOT fail(s) were dangerous and as such are not allowed to be driven home under the new rules.

No new rules governing the legality of driving a vehicle at all. It's always been illegal to drive a vehicle in a dangerous condition. The new MOT test now makes it clearer whether the vehicle is in a dangerous condition or not if it fails.

As always it's up to the driver to decide if 'dangerous' failure items make the car so dangerous that driving it home is ill advised. I guess this is very much going to depend on the distance, traffic, and route being contemplated.

Seeing as I'm not seeing a build up of 'dangerous' cars around every MOT centre I can only surmise that either there are very few cars getting dangerous fails - or that cars with 'dangerous' fails are being driven home by the owners. There appears to have developed a myth that an MOT station can/will prevent a dangerous car from being driven away, although there so far is no evidence of this being the case.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote