View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 20:55   #7
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjonts View Post
Update...

Solenoid and connector / electronics block from the S/H module installed on the pump / valve body in the car so no need to break into hydraulic circuits.

ABS light goes out as it should so the system is passing the static test!

Now I'll need to take the car out for a drive and make sure the sensors aren't going to give me a headache, but so far...it's looking good!

Jonty
Wow, what a mess. Waiting to hear if it's all worked out. Got the same ABS issue myself but until your post had no idea what to do next - thanks it's likely saved me a T4 session and £50.
By chance I'd obtained a S/H modulator only a couple of days ago (off 2-Diesels on here) so I have (I hope) a doner replacement solenoid unit to try rather than upset the hydraulics.
Initially my light came 'on' but would extinguish with the ignition being switched 'off'. On restart the light would remain off and I could drive for any distance until I used the brakes (which was accompanied by a sort of intermittent light grating/grinding noise) then the light would come on again; now the light is constantly on and the intermittent noise has ceased altogether (in other words the modulator has completely ceased operating).
I also found my cruise control stopped working so can I presume cruise control utilises the wheel speed sensor(s), anyone know if that is because the ABS is showing faulty..?

Last edited by rab60bit; 27th October 2020 at 10:03.. Reason: Spelling....
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote