View Single Post
Old 29th April 2017, 08:52   #18
KevF6
Loves to post

Rover 75

If people are happy using conditioner then I don't have a problem with that at all

However it is still useless as mentioned. Yes it can give a nice smell etc but it quickly gets removed from using the seats. When it soaks in then yes the all important lacquer would have been removed.

Just a little tip - use a brush when using leather cleaner as it cleans into the grain far better and give a superior finish. The problem with just throwing conditioner onto un-protected (non lacquer) finish is that eventually the colour will start to wear off - then it's a case of restoration. Personally I would clean using a brush until dirt free and towel off, then if the colour is good use a spray lacquer (if it needs it) to seal it in and prolong the finish. Finally use a good leather aroma spray to give a true leather smell.

Only all in my opinion of course

Done:
New leather & walnut steering wheel, headlight restore, new badges to rear & engine, walnut facia trims, full size spare wheel, timing belts, Plenum spy hole, DD head unit.

• This vehicle was the 67,855th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
• This vehicle was the 2,457th 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671

Last edited by KevF6; 29th April 2017 at 09:14..
KevF6 is offline   Reply With Quote