View Single Post
Old 26th April 2017, 18:53   #15
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Quote:
Conditioner is for sure pointless as it can't penetrate the lacquer to do anything.
Yes but with second hand cars one can't assume that. If the lacquer is there, I agree. However (sadly) previous owners have used goodness knows what to clean my car seats, so the conditioner readily soaks in. Also soaks into my sofa, so for me, not at all pointless. Even if our car seat leather doesn't dry out I don't see the conditioner doing any damage, if anything it can only help.

Interestingly, the conditioner doesn't soak into the backs of the front seats, which would make sense as the lacquer probably hasn't been scrubbed off from there. Needless to say I don't bother conditioning the backs of the seats because, as you say, it's pointless as it doesn't soak in, it just stays on top.

I also don't condition the rear seat centre armrest. I did it once and it just turned sticky, so my guess is that's not leather, probably some plastic pleather or whatever?

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 26th April 2017 at 18:56..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote