View Single Post
Old 25th October 2019, 10:10   #148991
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Morning all, thanks for all the kind wishes and comments, it means a lot. I’m still in a state of “ not with it”. I had a few tears yesterday, but have been ok since, as had a lot of phone calls to make ,and thing s to do.I will have more to do over coming months, as I am co executor of her will, along with the solicitor.This will take time as it will need to go through probate. The other thing is I can’t use her account to pay for things associated with winding up her estate because there is another person mentioned in the will.
We send you our condolences Richard. One of the first things you will have to do as a co executor is to collect the death certificate from the hospital via the mortuary or hospital registrar. My last involvement with this was in December 2016. I had to get a covering letter from the next of kin showing I was a co executor. No solicitor was involved. The death will have to be registered with the council. You will be asked how many copies of the certificate you will want. I would say no more than about 5. The registrar for births, deaths and marriages will give you a pack explaining everything with a certificate for burial/cremation. Keep the receipts for reimbursement later on. When you go to the hospital, you might be invited to view you Aunt in the viewing room of the mortuary. It is a personal thing and is something you must decide on yourself. I see the main executor is a solicitor. Let him/her take the lead.

Phil and Jessica

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 25th October 2019 at 15:00..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote