View Single Post
Old 19th February 2024, 10:25   #8
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
... which may suggest it is a cruise control lead and nowt to do with the radio. What do you think?
According to RAVE the diesel has an "interface ECU" for cruise control situated "in the front passenger footwell area, behind the fascia". It has one 12 pin connector. Is your 2002 car the diesel?

But let's not get distracted! You're looking to mate your CD changer flying lead with a matching connector on the car's loom. You don't need any auto electrical knowledge to observe the wiring colours on the flying lead (from the CD changer) and see if they match the available connectors on the car's loom.

Dave, please can you post photos using the "mountains" icon rather than thumbnails which are small, low resolution and cannot be enlarged on my laptop. I'm happy to help but I need to be able to count the number of terminals on the connectors you're photographing so can you take the picture end-on to the terminals? If you can tell me the wiring colours as well by unravelling them and noting them down that would be extremely helpful.

Simon