View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 20:44   #9
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
That brake pad light.---When you changed the pads did you replace the wear-away sensor ??--When I did mine I bridged the gap with a spot of solder to complete the circuit.---The sensor is an earth connection. When this connection is broken the ECU puts up a light on the dash to warn you of worn pads.

Sometimes, after a short time. the ECU detects the replaced sensor and switches off the dash light.---
I changed rear pads, discs and handbrake shoes about a year ago, the sensor wires broke very close to where they come out of the plug, I had to cut some of the plug away to solder them together so it's here the problem might lie. If it's dry tomorrow I'll try and check it with a meter for continuity and maybe see if I can find a scrap yard with some 75's/ZT's in to see if can get some better ones with a bit more wire attached so I can solder the wires together better.
It's been fine until yesterday coming back from Wales, half way back the light came on , I've had a quick look and unplugged it a couple of times but I may not have plugged it in far enough, will have to get the car up on axle stands.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote