View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 20:11   #78
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Take it in context, a comedian saying a 'joke'* is NOT inciting someone to go out and hurl acid. Just think about it the furore. What people are suggesting, is that Jo Brand is inciting some hippy to throw acid onto a politician!!!! Yet Trump, surely has been successful in inciting a lot worse (or at least not been too enthusiastic in subduing it).

With the milk shake attacks on Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon and Nigel Farage, surely a less painful equivalent of an egg (or rotten tomatoes perhaps), it has to be the new egg on the face, on somewhat odious characters who incite their own brand of incitement. Saying it though, in light of recent acid attacks of course is unwise and inconsiderate (and I disagree with any of it, acid or milk shake by the way). Just as Danny Baker was unwise to post the picture he did (which in context actually worked! - ie another animal for the performing zoo that he believes is the Royal Family - he should have known better for sure!)

Our moral compasses have become so skewed because our feelings are being hurt, it is becoming disturbing. We have the power to turn the channel, switch onto a CD etc. We are not snowflakes! It all reminds me of Frankie Boyle and his crack at Katie Price's son. I never liked her, and could never warm to Frankie Boyle nor his humour, but that crack about the child, actually made me angry. Angry that he made fun of a disabled child, and even more angry, he actually made me feel some sympathy for Katie Price!

Jo Brand as a radicalising imman of comedy, give me a break!

* I havent heard the so called joke, but have watched and heard Jo Brand, and can envisage that it was exasperated throwaway comment said in a sarcastic tone. Maybe I am wrong about how she said it, and was actually preaching for someone to do it? I doubt it somehow.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote