View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 19:31   #76
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Just wondering. What source would you suggest for a completely unbiased reporting of news items?
Since the independence referendum I have perceived the BBC to be very biased against Scotland in their national news service so have discounted them as credible a number of years ago
I get my views modulated by subscribing to the Spectator. There are two or three Scottish contributors along with several controversial writers of varied loyalties and (in my opinion at least) one or two excellent well balanced articles on several subjects.

There are also niche humorous articles and eminently respectable writers of note. No chance of Ms J. Brand being welcomed. It is eminent in its wide spectrum staffing and very long existence.

Cost works out less than a daily newspaper for a weekly issue which arrives in the post every Friday without fail (in my experience of about 8 years). It's not my only source but it's a good start.

If you don't want to chance your arm with a subscription, I'll be happy to send you a couple of copies! I have no personal investment or interest involved!