View Single Post
Old 21st February 2019, 15:35   #18
Ben Dynamics

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Does the car have a sunroof?

The problem you describe, is pointing toward a defective EWS3 immobiliser.

I can certainly assist you, however I would need the immobiliser to be removed from the car, along with the DDE4 ECM and posted to me.

To remove the EWS3, you will need a Pentalobe TS30 security Torx Plus bit, these are five point as opposed to the usual six.

A cheap set can be found HERE

The EWS is located behind the light switch, bolted to the A pillar, and looks like this.........
Hello there I have been a forum member for a good few months now and have read much of the invaluable information available. I also bought my first Connie SE 1.8 54 plate facelift just a few weeks ago.

She is sound mechanically, as I bought the car from an enthusist who is a mechanic, and a recent situation with both my keys has led us to the conclusion that this is the right diagnosis.

Everything else has been checked and is ticketyboo...

Symptons
The scenario was that my main key that I use suddenly wouldn't start the car - after driving for 10mins - humming priming sound and plenty of power in the battery... plenums all good

Anyways, I suspected the immobiliser but it could also have been the starter motor. However, upon using the second key she fired up beautifully, as usual, so I thought the transponder must have scrambled in the main key.

Drove round to a number of places that day, with no issues stopping and starting and parked up on the evening.

Next day on the evening using the second key... dang same thing happened >> power but no turning, just a priming hum
Ben Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote