View Single Post
Old 25th December 2016, 10:29   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Our Firestick came with KODI installed, but it took me a week to actually find it and work out how to run it

I have since found the Kodi forum, but they seem not very helpful to newbies.

I am trying to find out if I can send items from Kobi to in some way record to HDD. Setup is a D-Link broadband modem/router/wifi AP, located in the loft where the phone line comes in. This is then connected via a wired LAN to a Netgear modem/router/wifi AP to provide ground floor coverage. The latter is one the Firestick normally connects to.

The D-Link can have a USB HDD connected to it and I have a 1Tb HDD plugged in, which I can access via the LAN from any PC on the LAN.

Kodi mentions PVR in its menu, but is there some way to have it record to the above network HDD please?

My other question, is there some way to get Kodi to show up in a more accessible place than it is presently deeply buried.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 25th December 2016 at 10:37..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote