Thread: The Virtual T4
View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2016, 06:12   #136
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Why ask Brian Mark? - He has had nothing to do with the development apart from pirating my software and passing the beta version around as his own work!
Now Phil we both know that isn't quite true don't we, and we also know the real reason behind this post

The OP of this thread, Pete has been desperate to own a T4, be it a real one or indeed a virtual one.

Why is this? it is simply for one thing and one thing only, to allow him to code virgin IPK units to a customers car.

Over a year ago, I was given by you the beta version of VT4 in order that any shortcomings could be identified and addressed in future releases, with you confident in the knowledge if there were any disasters, I would be able to retrieve any "crashes" that occurred.

These shortcomings hopefully have been addressed in your later revisions......

Now I have never claimed this to be of my own creation, and have always given you credit, as I have done in the past with any previous software you have supplied me with, often singing your praises very highly.

So why the need to come out with your above statement? is it because I have passed on your creation to somebody else without asking you first perhaps, or specifically because I gave Klarzy the one thing he truly wants a T4 to do?

Well I believe the answer to this is as follows, you simply do not wish that Klarzy has the wherewithal to code IPK units......period, and further to that you have stated to me in the past you do not believe him to be capable of operating a T4, and said he would never be the recipient of VT4.

So here we have a thread started by Klarzy, to whom you have sold a VIN locked variant of VT4.

Here he is extolling the virtues of your software, when I know you don't want him to have a version that would perhaps prejudice your own trade....

Now we have to ask another question, bearing in mind since about three days after you gave me a copy of VT4, I have had the ability to produce an unlimited number of VT4, either locked to VIN or indeed with an unlimited license and pass them off as my own for my own personal gain, so why have I not done this?

The answer is quite simple, although the original variant of VT4 is quite badly flawed in terms of full functionality and stability, I respect the amount of work that was done from your part to get the "proof of coding concept" to this stage.

Now this is directed at Pete, if you want, you can have the VT4 lead I built for myself so you can achieve your goal.

You already have a completely unlocked unlimited licence version of the beta VT4 server programme, and it is stable enough to allow you to introduce IPK to your customers cars.

Happy New Year everyone

Brian