View Single Post
Old 28th May 2020, 09:51   #4
Nick C

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks - I've had it almost 5 years now.
It's a Connoisseur CDTI Auto, in fact it's the first automatic I have ever driven and I love it.
Its definitely a working car and I average around 1000 miles a month - I got it at 62,000 on the clock and it's now up to 125,000. But since I've been working from home since the beginning of March (our company pre-empted the lockdown in some sections), I've done 90 miles mainly pootling about locally but throwing it down the motor way once every few weeks - usually starting at the roundabout where The Ship pub is just down from junction 2 where you saw it. A well deserved rest for it at the moment.
Could do with a wash though it's covered in dropped blossom and pollen and I cleaned it about 2 weeks back, it seems sitting on the road attracts more filth rather than driving.

My car before was another Rover 75 - 02 reg. pre facelift manual Club 2.0 CDT.

I love 'em, best cars I have ever had or driven and I've had Vauxhall (pah!), Volvo, Audi (spent more time in the garage that A4 than on the road) e.t.c. although my old Triumph Spitfires I loved as much I think.

Not sure the better half will let me get another though as I spent a bit getting this one up to scratch plus I drive her mad with spotting them when out or in films (V for Vendetta for one), TV shows (Don't Forget the Driver with Toby Jones) and also a few weeks back we were chilling watching an old Antiques Roadshow and there were TWO in one episode.
I don't think that love for them will ever go even if I do end up getting something else.

In fact here she is on VE day enjoying a relaxing time in the shade, she's not usually parked there but needed the drive so we could sit out for a very socially distanced street party, all safely done Boris!

Last edited by Nick C; 28th May 2020 at 09:56.. Reason: Insert image
Nick C is offline   Reply With Quote