View Single Post
Old 26th June 2022, 13:58   #165689
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian, thank you and thank you guys for your support, much appreciated. In December, when I met with the surgeon in Bristol (NHS) he said if his patients have too many problems, he takes them off his list and lets nature takes its course.

I suspect his thinking was more to do with being compassionate and kind, in not putting a sick/elderly person with multiple health issues through the trauma and pain of having major surgery.

In light of his comments, I decided not to say too much and as a back up I decided to go private, as I wasn't ready to throw in the towel.

One of Jessica's friends has said we can have the use of her flat in Baker Street which she lets out on AirBnB. Its currently vacant as it is having a new kitchen and bathroom fitted, but if we need it post op, we can have it for as long as we need and it has its own underground parking space. Of course we will pay her for the use of the flat.

The surgeon in North London has told me to keep active and to get more fit.

The weather here today in Bristol is miserable with wind and rain, can't go out side exercising. As we live on the 4th floor and no lift, I am up and down its 64 steps, 8 flights of stairs - making the heart and lungs work harder. I have to be sensible in not overdoing it.

How are you?

Hi Phil I'm not bad thanks, MRI scan tomorrow morning & I'll pop into the DVT dept to find out what';s happening about those injections I need to do myself as I've still not had conformation of an appointment yet. The pigeon saga continues with me not being able to reach up & grab it, Sure enough it was bang on 05:00 again this morning when it started flapping it's wings then nothing at all.
At this rate the only way it'll get to come out is if it drops dead & falls into the grate. I've still got the open ended cat basket jammed up against the hole in the plaster board for it to walk in but nothing as yet

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote