View Single Post
Old 15th March 2022, 08:38   #164349
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Good Morning you early birds .

Overcast, quite bright and dry here.

Positively tropical compared to Andy at a whopping 5 degrees .

Yesterday I was building a bed frame for MIL's fancy electric bed for when she comes out of hospital. Those with a good memory might remember that she fell and broke her hip on 31st January and she's still in after some other unrelated stuff was found. Oh, and now she's got COVID but seems to be OK and on the mend.

Got the local B&Q to cut the 18mm MDF sheets to size which was all good. Unfortunately SWMBO likes "invisible" joinery - shelves with no visible brackets, cabinets & boxes with no visible screw heads etc. So, no visible screws despite protestations that it won't be structurally sound if screwing through the corner timbers (that are also the weight bearing supports for the bed itself ) into the MDF rather then through the MDF and into the wood.

Glued & screwed to try and overcome some of the issues but, guess what, two of the corners have split out and now require remedial work. . I can think of some other uses for Ian's new toy and I'm now all experienced with sharp stuff you can throw

Have a good one and take care.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote