View Single Post
Old 26th February 2022, 23:19   #27
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Snapped bleed nipple.

The state of play now fore the snapped bleed nipple is this below, Friday i managed to pick up spare OS front caliper, £20 from WLMGF's while there before i paid for it Jeff made sure that the nipple would undo ok, and the little bit of hose that had been cut off also would loosen ok, both did so part was purchased.

It need to be cleaned up so later in the day early evening i started to clean the caliper up.

Using broken scissors blade, and wire wheel in a drill.

sprayed with WD40 and rubbed dry makes them look dark grey.

That is the carrier done, so next the caliper needs to get the same treatment, which i will do the next day, which is today 26/2/22

Wire wheel used again.

WD40 rubbed and sliders rubber greased and inserted.

Just need to changed over the bleed nipple and hose.

Now the old caliper needs to be removed from the car.

next the carrier,

Side by side original on the left blue, and replacement left, gun metal grey.

Hose swapped over as it was previously fitted to the car the other day.

Clean the pads up a little before fitting them into the replacement caliper.

All ready to go.

I gave my MOT garage a ring a spoke to them about what happened and what i was intending to do change over the calipers and pipe work as i have two new rear calipers thanks to Martyn (Squire) who comes to the Nano meets another spare caliper on it's way to me for the NS. also new hoses and bleed nipples.

The garage whom i do trust said that they would change out the calipers and hoses plus pipe work for £125 so that is what i decided to do, save me working on my back on a cold floor off axle stands

Therefore the pipe was cleaned up and the caliper fitted to the car, bleed the system so i can now drive the car to the garage, which is booked in for three weeks time.

New clip fitted

Next chapter is to deal with the broken bleed nipple in the original caliper, which was tackled the same day.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote