View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 23:18   #22
MDV

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 Connoiseur SE

Yes, I have an ex-ministerial Connie SE 2.5 in Tempest Grey with beige leather seats and all the bells and whistles. One of three that were supplied to the Government Car and Dispatch Service in March 2005 in a last ditch attempt by the Blair Government to show some support to Rover. The GCDS used these vehicles as part of the ministerial pool - there is quite a lot of info in Hansard.

It is not armoured and the only discernible difference is the additional "map lights" in the rear of the car for reading on the move. By 2008, there was a lot of noise about emissions and the heavier gas guzzlers were pensioned off in favour of the decidedly unministerial Prius.

I picked it up from a local dealer in Hampshire with 52k on the clock. 9 years later its done a sterling 170k and never let me down. Fantastic car and very luxurious. Sadly though it is about to become very expensive due to wear and tear on a lot of parts and its in need of a cambelt change.

Its not going to pass its upcoming MOT without a fair whack spent on it and I'm planning to trade it in in a couple of weeks - unless anyone wants to take on a labour of love and a slice of motoring history!
MDV is offline   Reply With Quote