View Single Post
Old 17th September 2021, 07:50   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The wife an I were out in my Jensen today as I had a day off and it was a nice day, we were sat in a view point having a picnic in front of the car and a nice old boy came over and was talking to me about my car, we chatted for about 15 mins and before he left he was telling me about his latest acquisition, a Tesla Model 3.

I am sure his Tesla is a very nice car but it did not impress me or is it me?

On the way home it got me thinking in a few years if he is sat in a viewpoint having a picnic will some one come over to him a talk to him about his car?

Will any modern electric cars be looked upon with some jealousy or envy? My guess no but why is this? They will out perform my car, they are vastly better in every way but my guess we will look at them the same way we look at a fridge freezer or a washing machine.
Is a Tesla or any modern car better in every way? I don't hear owners of these modern cars saying how much pleasure they get from driving their car.
They just tell me about the mod cons it has. I want to feel good when I drive and when I drive my saloon, I do.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote