View Single Post
Old 16th September 2021, 21:30   #4
Simmons
Regular poster

MG ZT+ 2.5 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The wife an I were out in my Jensen today as I had a day off and it was a nice day, we were sat in a view point having a picnic in front of the car and a nice old boy came over and was talking to me about my car, we chatted for about 15 mins and before he left he was telling me about his latest acquisition, a Tesla Model 3.

I am sure his Tesla is a very nice car but it did not impress me or is it me?

On the way home it got me thinking in a few years if he is sat in a viewpoint having a picnic will some one come over to him a talk to him about his car?

Will any modern electric cars be looked upon with some jealousy or envy? My guess no but why is this? They will out perform my car, they are vastly better in every way but my guess we will look at them the same way we look at a fridge freezer or a washing machine.

Have to agree, for a couple of years i could not work out why i don't like electric cars and it dawned on me when i saw 2 from the same manufacturer side by side.

1 was petrol and the other was electric, then i saw it, electric cars are just so damn ugly and it is the lack of radiator grills that does it, because they do not need them, the so called designers have basically ruined the front end.

Secondly, if the idea of electric cars is to save energy, why are they all covered in those stupid flashing lights everywhere inside and out?, it is like driving Blackpool illuminations, and don't even get me started on electric hanbrakes.

Make them look like normal cars at least they will be more appealing, but then as all modern cars are basically boring plastic covered boxes inside, I will keep my ZT for as long as possible thank you very much.

As i keep telling people who's cars are constantly beeping and telling them what they are doing wrong.

I want to drive the car, i don't want the car driving me.
Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote