View Single Post
Old 19th August 2016, 19:54   #19
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Arctic, can't thank you enough. Did you seriously take off your bumper and first remove the fan then refit it and shoot the test just for me, or was it already in your car????

I think (99% sure) that the volume in both "speeds" tested using the T4 is the louder, faster volume. Maybe a resistor problem or a wiring problem? It's a one year old "Jules gold resistor" fitted by Terry so the odds of either happening are pretty remote.

As for the leak, I guess either (i) I just have to keep topping up until I find myself adding such large quantities after short journeys that the source manifests itself, or (ii) I take it to someone who can have the thing stripped right down. Downside is, given it's just been serviced by a Rover mechanic and Terry bless him has also already spent several few hours investigating it without success, so I could end up driving to the other side of the country and still not have the source identified yet still have a leak somewhere.

Is there a definitive sequence of investigations that a garage could pinpoint the leak over the course of a day ie pressure testing, checking each cylinder for HGF, etc etc, so that by the end of the day I know exactly what to fix?
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote