View Single Post
Old 14th November 2019, 17:53   #18
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
"The issue seems to arise when it hits heavy traffic after a fast drive on a motorway or similar."
- - sounds to me like a heat soak effect ...
The symptoms which Dave is describing are exactly what happens when a system isn't pressurising properly. The cooling effect becomes highly dependent upon road speed and running temperature varies widely. I've been through this years ago with my SD1. I eventually found a failed brazed joint on the expansion tank. So I'm not sure that it is a heat soak event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
... MGR never got to produce a similar diagram for their later 2-speed models, but a similar function will be retained.
I would suggest that the chart applies to the 2 speed resistor fans as well since the control software is within the ECM and it cannot "know" which type of fan is plugged in, particularly as 2 and 3 speed fans were fitted to cars in an apparently random fashion up until the end of production.

So since it's said that the 'heat soak' condition triggers the medium speed which doesn't exist on a 2 speed fan, I'd like to ask if any KV6 owners with 2 speed fans have witnessed this.

Simon