Old 12th June 2020, 09:35   #10
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
That blew my mind. I will have to have my wife read it and explain it to me

macafee2
Oh this is nothing compared to what Vosa legislates. We (Iv had my licence HGV C+E for over 29 years.)… We are th most leglislated business in th world.. This isn't a flippant remark its fact.

Bit of info below. Also to add insult to injury, as said by others Working time directive (WTD) is also in with drivers hours.

Is a Driver CPC required to drive a 7.5-tonne truck?
Even if a driver passed their test before 1997, they will still have to complete 35 hours of Driver CPC training every five years if they want to drive a 7.5-tonne vehicle professionally, unless they are covered by an exemption.
Exemptions to the Driver CPC requirement include:
The vehicle has a maximum authorised speed of no more than 28mph
The vehicle is operated by the armed forces or emergency services
The vehicle is being driven as part of a test or for repair and maintenance purposes
The vehicle is new and is not yet in service
The vehicle is being driven for non-commercial purposes
The driver is carrying equipment for their work, where their work does not mainly involve driving (e.g. glazer, scaffolder).
The driver is only required to complete the Driver CPC if they are driving professionally, and will not need one of they are driving for personal use. A full list of Driver CPC exemptions can be found on the gov.uk website.

But... How I see it in a accident lets say and your load as caused it having no CPC isn't going to help. No tacho is going to look really bad as well. Vosa are self funded now and on th spot fines are FEARCE....