View Single Post
Old 12th June 2020, 02:17   #4
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I have a class one & l've no idea, it's a minefield of regulation.
If you were doing it professionally on a tachograph you would need to show a full thirty minute break at no later than six hours working, including driving or forty five minutes at the end of four hours, thirty minutes total driving, whichever came first. The forty five could be split into two, at least fifteen at some point during your journey & thirty at the end but the second must always be a thirty minute break, it can't be done the other way round anymore. Sometimes l'll have two thirty minute breaks to satisfy both regulations if l'm not on a long haul. At nine hours work another fifteen minutes is supposed to be taken but that seems a bit ignored as far as l can see & not really backed up by anyone, not least the firms. After a second four hour, thirty stint behind the wheel you must stop driving for the day or take a further forty five which can also be split as before. This is because twice a week you can drive for a further hour, which must be compensated for in the following three weeks, l think. Your maximum working spread is strictly fifteen hours. You can work it out from that but as said, you're exempt as you're not working for hire or reward (a pint or three won't count ), as far as l know.
It's not a requirement to take a tacho printout but if you do then you must keep it for twenty eight days. I never do unless there has been an unavoidable transgression then l take one & write a brief explanation why on it, which covers you in case of a tug by the authorities.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 12th June 2020 at 02:23..
The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote