View Single Post
Old 20th August 2019, 19:29   #20
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Kick a man when he is down:-
Bankers???
and more!

Good heavens, banks that made exceptionally high risk loans totaling Euro400billion, to a country which had bankrupted itself by living way beyond its means, made a profit by charging interest. Whatever next - I guess my bank will want to charge me interest when I go in asking for funds to buy my dream Learjet and Sunseeker!

I was hoping for some statistical analysis centred around industrial buyouts - not links to political articles from newspapers about the unreasonableness of European banks charging interest.

Rather than worrying about the car industry, for which it is far too late, an example of the question each of us should ask ourselves is this. With my broadband, telephone and mobile services, am I buying these from BT - the only telecomms company that makes huge investments in UK jobs and infrastructure - or one of the foreign owned/invested companies whose profits and much quality employment go overseas. The answer will tell each of us all we need to know as about ourselves and our patriotism as individuals.

Also, note that the French made equally bad cars but kept on buying them for reasons of national pride and patriotism. They had the same dynamics in terms of industrial relations as the UK if not worse. The result is that they have Europe's second largest car industry.

Gentlemen - the problems lies not with others, but yourselves as patriotic UK citizens.

Last edited by MSS; 20th August 2019 at 19:49..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote