View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 13:53   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Hi. Wasn't the ejector seat manufacturers taken to task over the death of another pilot after the canopy was ejected and the seat triggered while the aircraft was still on the ground?Regards
Steve
The canopy wasn't ejected Steve but yes there was an uncommanded ejection and the proverbial subsequently hit the fan. An appalling incident which should never have happened but I believe measures were undertaken to mitigate against a repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Not much point in speculating about the cause but I think it highly unlikely that there are any similarities to Shoreham at all. The cause will become clear only after the accident investigation lot have done their job. It is very sad that a young engineer has lost his life in this. Thoughts with his/her parents/family.Chris
I agree with the last couple of sentences Chris and my heart too goes out to those affected. Personally I would be more concerned if people did not show an interest in tragic events, it could just as easily imply a lack of empathy and feeling. No names have been mentioned and that to me is in keeping with the period of grace requested by the family of the deceased.

I read a report of a loop being performed and a subsequent low ejection, but as I mentioned previously reports so far might not be reliable.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote