Thread: New lens!
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2020, 20:52   #8
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
surely with it being lit up you wouldnt need a high ISO anyway. That lens is relatively slow particularly at its longer length. Your camera has a very good sensor, and controls noise very well, have faith in it.

I would suggest though to experiment with a shorter faster lens, then cropping in the edit. Try this with centre weighted metering (if using manual, take a spot reading from an area between two lights).

I get your point though. Ask the camera shop if you can try a ball head on a monopod, particularly one with a friction control.

THIS is what I use on my triopd (Giottos) It has a friction control that is very useful to allow a bit of movement whilst reatining a bit of stability.

I have an older version of THIS on basic Manfrotto monopod, which is what I would use for moving subjects and airshows etc. The tripod is just too cumbersome and restrictive for airshows (imagine a plane moving horizontally, then suddenly increases altitude or loses it). Without the ball head on a monopod, and the movement of your subject changes vertically, you run the risk of hitting a person standing in from of you as you follow the subject up lol (I still do this even with the head fitted!).

For comfort too, try to get a monopod, or tripod at least capable of being as tall as yourself, if you are planning to shoot upwards whilst standing.
Thankyou I'll look into that.

I've just tried to apply more defringing in lightroom.
It's not making any difference at all.
Any other tricks?