Thread: New lens!
View Single Post
Old 20th September 2020, 11:08   #4
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Good luck with the new lens. The camera looks like it controls the contrast incredibly well too. I do have one criticism though of the lens from the last image (only). It looks like there is a fringe at the edge between the mountain and the sky. I dont know it you use Lightroom, but it will remove that.

Rather than a tripod, I found using a strong monopod, with a decent ball friction head worked best for me with longer lenses The friction from the ball in the head, just holding it, to allow me to move the lens and camera up and down (with the monopod allowing me the rotation).

Either way, a decent and sturdy head will be just as important as the tripod (or monopod).
Thank you.
Yes, I am using Lightroom. I adjusted the sky to bring it out as it was bleached white.
The fringe was initially horrendous but adjusted it to the level you can see now.
I'll have another crack at it to see if I can reduce it any further.
The tripod I have is a good quality manfrotto. It's fine for keeping the camera still enough to take an imagine at slower speeds, but I couldn't use it for long exposure or very low light.
I think I'll need to go back to the camera shop and see if I can look at anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Not sure if you are already but make sure you mount the tripod/monopod to the lens and not the camera body when using big telephoto lens
Thanks Jeff. Yes, it's mounted to the lens.