View Single Post
Old 28th August 2020, 07:29   #500
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Where does the time go................

................................... today is another one of those special dates that is carved into my heart forever. For today we would have been celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary. It was a perfect day in every way. Blue sky greeted us, not a cloud in the sky all day. Queen Victoria House in Barkingside was the venue. Surrounded by family and friends I said “I do” to my Val. So glad when she also said “I do”.

Wedding breakfast at the Beehive pub and the wedding reception in our back garden. 2 bbq’s on the go, along with home prepared food, lots of falling down water and a barrel of specially prepared beer. Along with a friend we put Val to bed at 11pm (ish!), she was tired and emotional. And slightly drunk. I was the last one standing in the early hours of the morning.
Normally I would be staying at Michaels so that I could go to the cemetery with flowers. Tidy up the grave where Val lays with her Mum and Dad. Have a chat, put the world to rights.

So this year will be the first time I have missed going over, but I know Val will let me off, (memories are rolling down my face as I write this). I’m hoping Michael will remember and go and lay some flowers on the grave but I’ll not hold my breath. I did gently ask him when we spoke last weekend. But Michael has more important thoughts on his mind. He woke up one morning about 12 days ago and was unable to see out of his right eye. Doctors gave him drops to put in and he has a appointment at Moorfields next week. He can see out of the eye but not clearly.

Plus his daughter, my niece, Laura wants to start looking around to buy there a home, she and boyfriend currently rent in Camden. Not the cheapest places to rent. So I expect Michael will no doubt throw a few quid in to help. I’ll check my piggy bank to see if I can help out.
I know of a place they could rent but commuting to and fro to London would be expensive?
It came as a shock to me when the house next door to me came up to rent. I only spoke to my neighbour the day before and he never said a word.

It appears that the lockdown took its toll on his financial situation, so he has to downsize to a smaller place. He has found a 1 bedroom flat to rent, will still be in Saltash.
So if anyone fancies renting a nice 3 bedroom house next door to me? Only £750 a month. The estate agents are ‘Belvoir’.

Still not sure if my friends from Lincolnshire are coming for a holiday. Terry’s mum passed away last Sunday. I imagine that they will cancel, I’ll phone them on Sunday if I don’t hear before.
Other than the torrential rain and gale force winds all ok down here in the land of the pasty.

Catch up with some of you very soon at the breakfast meet.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote