View Single Post
Old 30th July 2020, 15:40   #493
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Update on what's been............................

....................................... happening in sunny Saltash.
Where has the year gone? Soon be end of the year and what a year it has been. Lost a few friends along the way, but made a few new ones.

The earliest that Roger can fly back to Brazil is October, then 2 weeks in quarantine. But he can get a flight to the Caribbean, where he has a holiday home, within the next two weeks. His wife and children are flying from Brazil to the holiday home next week, then 2 weeks in quarantine. So it looks like they will all be reunited by the end of August. I am so glad for him. Still hoping to meet up before he flies back. More on that as and when it happens.

I have been gardening like it's going out of fashion. The previous owner must have had a job lot of Gladioli delivered. There must be close to 30 plants in the back garden and a further 6 in the front. I have planted out a few daisy like plants. 3 out in the front and 2 in the back garden. The house leeks are flowering, they do this every other year. The friendship Rose is still flowering. Still getting strawberries from the various plants.

3 of the Gladioli are over 6 feet high. I asked on another forum about my imitation Banana plant, turns out it is called a Canna Lily and they grow in abundance out in Australia and New Zealand. Mine has only got one flower so far, might get some more to flower. My Red Poppies are starting to flower but my Yellow California Poppies are starting to die off.

Been asked to go to a few breakfast car meets but have declined. We are not out of the woods yet. I'm more happy to potter about in the garden these days. Bought myself a new lawnmower, a cordless one. But I dd not read the advert properly, never realised that you had to buy the batteries and charger separately. But all OK now. Cuts lovely, once I figured out the height setting.
Also bought some new long handled shears, the strimmer has seen better days. Along with the original lawnmower and the strimmer came to me from Val's aunt.

Got visitors coming down in September from Spalding. Sue and Terry along with the dog. Sue used to work with my Val, well Val done the work mostly. Terry is a ex policeman. He now works for Geest up in Lincolnshire. Night worker doing 4 on 4 off and straight 12 hour shifts.
It was this couple who gave us the friendship Rose back in 2006.

Zed the Ted is now back in Scotland, info on his page. Banana is behaving herself. The Bear, having cost me over a grand for new front shock absorbers, is running ok. Other than that all OK down here in the land of the pasty.

So No Going Back...................

A few photos.

Thanks for reading. Catch up soon.

1-Me back in 1991 with my Ford Transit "Iceberg".
2-My back garden.
3-The Canna Lily flower.
4-One of the Gladioli.
5-Sunset over Tremanton Castle. The view from my bedroom window.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5021.jpg (136.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1366.jpg (142.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4968.jpg (136.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1383.jpg (141.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5007.jpg (152.0 KB, 15 views)

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 21st August 2020 at 12:38.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote