View Single Post
Old 14th August 2014, 13:42   #1
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

Default Brim to brim 34.1

Well I have been having a few problems with the fuel consumption of my Maggie recently, this time I have an improvement, brim to brim with my figures gave me 34.1 mpg, all town driving, the OBD shows 81 (8.1 litres) per 100 km which works out at 34.8 mpg, so overall I am a little happier. It also shows that the OBD is pretty accurate.
I suspect that the car is capable of better MPG figures going on what other members are saying for town driving.
Its had a complete service including PCV, EGR bypass from DMGRS, intercooler seals were changed for Viton ones, in fact the lower one had a kink in it so it was needed. Apart from the EGR valve the engine was quite clean so it has been well serviced.
The intake manifold could do with a clean but really its not that bad, I have seen much worse but I will do it anyway.
I did modify the air intake by cutting back to beyond the flexi part, I also have a complete air intake and by switching them about I will stick my neck out and say that it definitely runs and pulls better with the modified one and no difference in noise, so its staying on for now.
The MAF has not been checked as yet but I don't suspect it, if I can get to the next meet I will see about a remap and T4 session.
Tickover is still a little high at 849/851 (OBD) when it should be 780 and the temperature tops out at 83 degrees, only little things but I reckon they will all help to improve the MPG.
With the colder weather around the corner (feels like Autumn already) I will get around to replacing the thermostat very soon so all in all its fingers crossed for better.
Its bad enough having to pay nearly £300 a year road tax without paying for a car doing just mid twenties to the gallon as well.

Last edited by Vossy; 14th August 2014 at 13:43.. Reason: Typo
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote