View Single Post
Old 7th June 2020, 12:33   #49
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Just redid the measurements, but I only took the one that made any difference in the previous test. So if the previous didn't show any change at all, I skipped that one. The main difference was that I disconnected the wiper motor.

When pulling the middle large fuse underneath the master fuse (50a), the amps would go from 0.07 to 0.03. When I pulled it now it stayed at 0.03.

Everything else in the engine bay would just make the amps stay at 0.03. Nothing made it change.

In my previous test, I pulled fuse 5 in the interior. This made the amps go from 0.07 to 0.03. This time I started with 0.03 in rest, and pulling the fuse didn't make it go any lower. Instead, the meter switched a few times to 0.04 and then back to 0.03. I think this means that the amps where just between 0.03 and 0.04, such as 0.035 or something.

Pulling fuse 8 in the interior made the amps go from 0.07 to 0.06. This time it stayed steady at 0.03.

Pulling fuse 20 made 0.07 change into 1.18 the previous time. This time it went from 0.03 to 1.01.

The previous time, when I pulled the middle size connector from the BCU, it went from 0.07 to 0.03. This time it just stayed at 0.03. Pulling the largest connector made everything go to 0.00.

Pulling the smallest connector on the BCU made it stay at 0.03.

My thinking now is:
- if I pull anything (besides the wipers) the amps stay the same or don't change a lot.
- Pulling the BCU makes no difference, unless I pull the connector that also powers the wipers.
- When I reconnect the wipers, the amps go up to 0.07. Which nothing else does.

I really don't understand what is going on now...

However, another thing I was thinking about. I have TOAF, and I read that the BCU window also gives insight in the control for the wipers. Might be worth a try. Downside, TOAF doesn't work when the car is in rest. I'll need to turn the key to make TOAF work.