View Single Post
Old 30th November 2019, 09:18   #10
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
I have fitted 3 of each saloon and tourers, the only criticism that I have in their build/design is the rear silencer hangers welded direct to the structure/casing which initself is quite a thin material. On each one I have fitted a fail safe device which will support the weight of the rear section should a support or two let go.
Walker produced systems that had a strap system that bound around the silencer and pinched together with a nut and bolt and a pair of hooks at the appropriate orientation for the rubber hangers to attach, however this component I am sure would have increased the price over and above the Euro Car Parts price for the Klarious system.
Glad you got it sorted Nick.
Thanks to Walker's excellent customer service they sourced me a back box section from a factor on the south coast and transferred it to a local stockist. This was on the basis of no stock anywhere in Europe for Cdti and no plans to manufacture any more stock, although the part remains on their stock list. I suggested there could be a market for our models but customer services would seem to have no contact or influence on production plans.

I targeted Walker because a) 3yr guarantee b) original style strap hangers, it looks good and I am about to give it a couple of coats of high temp paint. Can't wait to try it but at the moment I have done too good a job on repairing the original so it'll stay on the shelf until needed.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote