View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2019, 21:45   #9746
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Would it really be less hassle buying the cheap (and it is cheap at £12) diagnostic connector box you have linked to, that has goodness knows what inside it, from a seller who also sells kids fancy dress and vape machines - which looks like a chinese warehouse to me? (that I believe you might still need to solder) It also has round pins which are known to damage the OBD port.

If you get one of the cheaper cables that has been recommended for use with TOAF, the two pins, only need a 'dollop' of solder onto them. (I am useless at soldering, and was trying to solder a little wire to the pins. Used too much solder and it fell neatly and very nicely between the pins lol - it has worked on the four or five times I have used it). It really is easy to do.

Looking at the pins, if you didnt want to solder, I think the jumpers that used to be used on old hard drives would work just as well (or even a spade crimp terminal)
Thanks for the jumpers idea. I don't know however why you think the pins are round, they look flattened to me. I was just looking for a solution that didn't need me to buy a soldering iron, so perhaps the jumpers will do the trick.
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote