View Single Post
Old 24th June 2019, 19:38   #9742
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Looked at it........very dirty indeed...ugh!, so I took the dog for a walk, sitting down now with a cup of coffee, listening to Hazel O'Connor and now contemplating cutting the grass before heading out on an indeterminate run to test the one made from two ECM set I coded to the car yesterday.

I loved the way whoever has been playing with this "set" had included a completely U/S Freelander ECM that had been butchered and bodged so much, that I decided it would be suitable as a donor for parts, rather than a viable repair, so I's donated some of it's vital organs, and I now have a starting and running set.

Hopefully this will make the owner of the car It originated from happy, and the fault finding the work of the previous "expert" attempts at a fix a bit easier knowing the brains of the car haven't been given a lobotomy.

Brian

And double hydraulics, I've encountered a HP regulator drive issue with the one from two ECM today........time to get the scope out again

Sometimes the seemingly easy option is far from it........shame I managed to clock up 150 miles fault free, and the damned thing played up on my way home from seeing bigD last evening.

Ho hum
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote