Thread: Motorbikes
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2018, 09:58   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

I've always I guess had most fun on middleweights but as I move around the country find that If I want an alternative to the car for visiting friends and family find the smaller bikes just bit lacking on the m/way especially as I get older. So now on a '96 750 virago. Bike I liked the best? a toss-up between my GSX550EFE - absolute fun on the twisties - even the bumpy ones (despite the 16" front wheel). Or the fully faired GS500 - which would happily two up with luggage take you on a camping trip and still easily top 3 figures loaded like that.

Most vile bike? A Honda CB650 - all the weight of the CB750 without the grunt and a saddle just high enough to make you worry whether the road would be slippy when you put your foot down at a junction. And no screen! although I had some awesome neck muscles back in those days so I could cope with it at 90.

The 750 when given a fistful is faster off the line though even with the same power and a shaft drive. But I prefer to enjoy the scenery a lot more these days. (+ average traffic speeds are slower than they were 20 year ago). No longer a daily m/cycle rider - I quit riding in through snow and rain some years ago.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote