This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Big Blue" View Post
Hi,

Every time I drive it, I get out thinking "This is far too good to scrap"
That says it all really ...........

You know a bit about the history, you have a passion for it.

What will £1300 buy you? (I Know you are talking more than that for a 4 year old car, but that is what this will cost to 'sort' it - or at least make it as good as this 4 year old car). After spending the £1300, how much do you think you will spend annually to run. Then how much will it cost to run the four year old car annually? I would suggest too, that at four years old, you will start to notice niggling things failing, how much is parts and labour for these potential jobs? Or perhaps have to spend the same £500 making the 4 year old car 'just so' .

The fuel and to a lesser extent tax is a little harder to argue against. How much would a CDTi cost to buy (from a member) , keeping the trophy blue either as a spares car, or project/weekend car, if space permitted? Maybe put the Trophy Blue back on the road after completing the work, over a period of time, and sell the CDTi again recouping some of the money again.

Of course the second car option could lead to another dilemma in the future lol

I'm sorry my rambling only adds more questions to your dilemma, but my heart drives me, space doesnt permit it
clf is offline   Reply With Quote