View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 10:09   #1
motornoter

MG ZT-T

Default Hello from new ZT-T owner, + production numbers?

Hi all,
Just acquired our first 75/ZT - after years of running Jag X-type Estates (lovely cars but thirsty in V6 form and prone to electrical glitches in diesel form), a ZT-T 160 turbo popped up locally. We've been fans (as a family) of K-Series engines for years, no.2 son and his gf run 200s, I had one in Argentina in the past and we've done a few head gasket changes and know it's not the end of the world, so decided to have a look at this one.
It was filthy, badly presented and there was K-seal in the coolant - I very nearly walked away but made a low offer and bought it! After a really good clean, valet and polish, it's looking stunning! There's a plastic hose junction in front of the engine that is cracked and weeping slightly (under £15 from Rimmer's) so I think that may be the reason for the K-Seal, because there is no emulsion in the cam cover/oil filler cap, even after a few hundred miles' use... PlastX polish has vastly improved the cloudy headlights and it's running well.
I read on here that only 118 ZT-T 1.8Ts were made - is that true? It seems an exceptionally low number! Is there a list of all models/options with production numbers available anywhere?
motornoter is offline   Reply With Quote