View Single Post
Old 29th August 2021, 08:53   #1
roverbeast75
Avid contributor

rover 75

Default Clutch info needed asap + automatic?

My clutch pedal is stuck to the floor and won’t come up by itself anymore.

In quick summary what happened:

In april the car wouldn’t go into gear properly, changed the master cylinder and it was fine again

Then a noise since beginning of may started coming from the bell housing, my assumption is the flywheel since the car got a new clutch kit and new slave 50.000 km ago. Regardless, car shifted fine and the pedal was fine.

And now , last week, the rubber hose connected to the fuel filter got a cut in it and it started leaking diesel all over the place. After this, the shifter was very loose and spongy (found out that a mechanic last year didn’t actually replace the gear linkage cables but just used zip ties). So the cause for the shifter is known and I have cables in good condition ready to be installed.

However the pedal, was way softer than before the diesel leak. And now, a week after the leak, the pedal is completely dead. It just sticks to the floor and u cant put the car in gear.

I do not believe that it has nothing to do with the leak because before the diesel leak, the car shifted fine and the pedal was fine. There was always a slight noise from the bell housing but regardless it didn’t affect performance so far.

Is it correct to assume that maybe diesel leaked somewhere in the bell housing where it shouldn’t have and ruined the slave? Is that even possible?

And this brings me to my second question:

If the car needs a clutch again, then im just giving it for export and thinking about using that money to buy another rover 75 diesel but with an Automatic this time. It doesn’t make sense to spend 1000 euro on a clutch job if I can get a rover with less mileage for 1500 euro.

So I need to know how reliable the automatic is. Is it bulletproof? What do I need to look out for?

I found 1 rover 75 diesel with an automatic (only one here) it has 146.000 km on the clock.

Thanks for the help
roverbeast75 is offline   Reply With Quote