Thread: Lightroom
View Single Post
Old 6th December 2019, 22:52   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I love Lightroom, particularly for batch processing. One thing to look for and master is the clone/heal function. I havent tried any above version 5 (they were introduced in 3 I think). Clicking on the 'previous' button (if still part of it) is very useful. Particulaly if you investigate the settings of it, as it will paste selected functions, including the clone tool, which if you have stubborn dust on the sensor, you can clean up images at the press of a button.

Be careful with the presets. There are so many out there, and I once obtained a bundle, all were pretty good, but simply too many of them it became mind boggling. I learned after a while to create my own for certain situations. If you do, take a note or try to save them if you get a new computer - you will lose it (obviously) and have to start again - ask me how I know this

Another thing is to get into the habit of adding meta data to your images from the start. It will make life easier for you in the future, when searching for an image, and not be lumbered with thousands of images without being able to find them lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote