bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
So, information so far.
1. 650 miles driven.
2. Cost £50.00.
3. Stopped time, about 35 mins each time.
4. Question still remains on how many stops?
Any more questions.
I'm attempting to see if I could get by with an ev. 65 mile drive to work, ergo 65 mile drive back.
Mainly stop start stuff, no big hills. Current cost per working week in my tf or as, 3 day week 12.5hr shifts, £70.00 in petrol. TF, (wife's car), cost £1700.00, ZS cost £283.00.
My wife does approx. 110 miles per day in her EV, 3 days a week for work, then a 4th charge for the rest of the week. Each charge costing about £8. Works out about 1/3rd if what she was spending on petrol. Even with the cost of the loan for buying the EV, she’s still saving money each month. Personally I hate it, the lack of noise, just a weird and gentle whir, and the go karts stop and go pedals, but it does what she wants and needs, saving her money.

On the downside, we normally take 2 cars on holiday, as can’t fit all our stuff in 1 car. However this year due to amount she’d have to stop at services to recharge we’re having to go in one car and leave half our stuff at home. We need to travel about 320 miles each way. Realistically she’d need to charge about 3 times, stopping after about 100 miles, just in case the chargers at the services are out of action, leaving enough range to get to the next services. Then she’d have to hope there was a charger available, or possibly sit around waiting for someone to come back and leave. And keep the kids entertained for however long. Then when we get there she’d have to search around for a charger while on holiday. Having looked already on charger maps, there’s not many around where we want to go, a lot being on the map, but only available to users of that particular pub or hotel.

In my dieseasel, I will drive to Taunton Deane services, have a quick stop for anyone needing the toilet, fill up with some ridiculously priced motorway fuel, and complete the rest of my journey.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote