View Single Post
Old 6th August 2019, 09:20   #104
HJW_NI

MG ZT

What Rich has done here, removing the clips and adding silicone to all the clips and seals is absolutely the correct way to solve water getting into the boot.

But I just wanted to share my experience of captain Tolley's creeping Crack cure. I peeled back the rubber strip ( just enough so to see the rear windscreen clips) then added captains tolley's to the clip, just added a squirt between the metal and clip, and also onto the top of the clip. I done this maybe 10 - 20 times on a warm dry day at 30 minute intervals. At the end of the day I could see that captain tolleys sealent had creeped through the seal and was visble underneath. I could just see the white colour of the sealant. That stuff dries clear so you don't see it after a day.

Basically, Captain tolleys seems to have done the trick for me. Boot is now bone dry, and it have been tested by some very heavy spells of rain in recent weeks. And all this with out having remove rubber strips from rear window.

Again don't get me wrong, Rich's guide is the full proof solution to sealing these clips, however , if if dont fancy your chances of removing chrome strips without breaking the clips, its worth trying( for £14 a bottle) captains tolleys before using Rich's method.

Thanks for reading, hope someone finds my experience helpful

Last edited by HJW_NI; 6th August 2019 at 09:22.. Reason: Made a mistake is describing remving of chrome
HJW_NI is offline   Reply With Quote