View Single Post
Old 26th June 2019, 23:02   #188
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

It's very interesting to read certain posts on here, regarding the level of professionalism used in the repainting of Banana

Having spent almost 20 years working at main dealers, part of which was in the bodyshop (dealing with both body and paint), it amazes me how people can be so critical of the finish whilst sitting behind a computer, yet would buy a new car and never give the paint a second look ! Very few vehicles are lacquered under the bonnet nowadays, some not even getting colour in the engine bay, yet buyers don't bat an eyelid as 'that's how they are now, sir/madam'.

As you know Bob, I have absolutely no connection with A&M Restorations, but have seen their work first hand (not just on a screen ) and can say it is about as good as you'll get.

A full respray is a massively complex job if done properly, and faults can arise (exactly as they can with a brand new £100,000 Audi, Jag or BMW), but it's how that issue is dealt with that's important.

Professional spraying of modern colours and finishes is a real skill to have and takes many years to truly master, and I wonder just how much knowledge those critisising actually have of such processes ? So don't let the doom merchant's comments take the shine of the new paint job Bob !