View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2017, 23:00   #35
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Well I'm puzzled

The wife drove the ZT this morning, and she reckons its fine... its always been the same, she says.

She could be right I suppose... as I've driven several cars over the past two months, I've not really driven the ZT.
It could be that I've jumped back in the ZT and thought this clutch is blooming stiff, I've obviously been comparing it to the cars that I've recently been driving.

So its either the normal usual clutch stiffness these cars are known for, or the clutch is in fact showing signs of wear and this is what I'm sensing.
My first impression on first driving my own 75, was how very heavy the clutch was compared to other cars I had driven and how it needed to be floored to make a sweet change. Bleeding and flushing and lubricating, reduced the need to floor it. I just acclimatized to the pressure needed over time.

The only way to check it would be with a scale of some sort almost pushing the pedal to the floor. I have in mind something like a nose weight gauge, as used to check the nose weight of a caravan.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote