Thread: ABS issue in Oz
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2019, 07:45   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roker View Post
Did a bit of rooting around in the forum and posted a request for info on a facebook site with mixed results per my issue. Any assistance greatly appreciated as this is the first time I have tackled what, for me at least, is normally left to the experts.
ABS light came on yesterday. No speedo now , fuel goes to full and the odometers stop working. Obviously a sensor failure, but am getting mixed messages as to whether it is front passenger, or front driver side. Can anyone assist please? Wouod rather not do both, but will buy two sensors in case it goes again.
Also, being a 2001 model and, not wishing to get the wrong one, are there any differences in part number of this item between the years of manufacture please?
I am being told to allow 1-2 hours to do the job and that the old sensor may fight me a bit getting it out and to be ultra clean when putting the new on in. Besides that, is there anything specific that I need to know, or is it one out, one in , start the engine and everything back to normal?

Just doing the Ebay thing and I find these things go for $20 up to $160. Obviously quality may be an issue with the cheapies. Any preference on brands for you guys that have done this in the past? What should be avoided ( presumably all things from the land of chop suey).

Thanks guys.
Given the back story of your car Alan, I would first of all check to mace sure the connectors to the back of the IPK are sound before you do anything else

Ir certainly won't hurt to break and remake the connections.........not literally of course

Brian

P.S. this has just reminded me, that I had something to collect from the land of red and white, that is assuming your sister hasn't hoyed the big cardboard box in the bin by now
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote